Lansdowne Telephone is looking for a Telecommunications Technician.
Lansdowne offers a fast paced, high energy, work environment. We offer:
- Competitive wages ranging from $17.50-$28.50/hr. based on skills and experience
- Positive work culture
- Excellent company benefits including both Health and Dental
- Matched Pension Plan
- Yearly performance reviews
- Access to courses and training for continual learning and development
Key Responsibilities include:
- All aspects of the installation, repair, locating and maintenance of communication services and products while engaging in customer contact and promotion of Lansdowne services
- Reading plans, perform cable splicing of both copper and fibre and identify colour coded wires
- Working in adverse weather conditions, climbing on poles/ ladders, kneeling/bending, and working in confined spaces
- The job entails driving throughout assigned geographic areas
This position may require regular Saturday and Sunday scheduling in the future.
This position requires the individual to be on call on a pre-determined schedule.
- College diploma specializing in Telecommunications or equivalent
- Ability to move and handle heavy loads (ladders, cable reels, test sets)
• Valid driver’s license (class G) with a clean driving record-DZ/ AZ would be an asset
• Commitment to delivery of superior customer service and the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Knowledge in safe operations of equipment
- Knowledge of service provider technologies including ADSL, VDSL, FTTH, and DOCSIS service delivery platforms. Knowledge of video services like IPTV, multicast, 8VSB, MPEG-2, MPEG-4. Experience with T1s, POTS, VoIP, and voicemail services an asset
One to three years of work experience in a related field. Service Provider experience preferred.
Condition of Employment:
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Qualified applicants please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com